Pre-season fundraiser: new roller
August 29, 2022
Many members of our community would have driven into Spring Creek Reserve over the past decade and been greeted by the club's Old Grey Turf Wicket Roller.
Resembling something out of an episode of Bob The Builder, our roller helped us perform the critical task of preparing turf wickets for matchday and training.
Recent visitors to the reserve may have noticed that the roller is no longer there.
Having squeezed out every last drop of oil and stuck its rusty parts back together once too often, we have finally sent our old grey friend into a well-earned retirement.
As a result we are now seeking our wonderful community's assistance as we raise funds to purchase a new roller.
To date we have held several Bunnings BBQs and been successful in obtaining some small grants, however we still have a funding shortfall of approximately $15,000.
As a next step, we are seeking donations from local businesses and the wider community in one of two forms:
1. We have established an Australian Sports Foundation (ASF) grant. In simple terms, this is a way for any donations to become tax deductable. Donations are made to the ASF, who take a 5 per cent administration fee and then pass the remaining 95 per cent of funds to the club via a grant. This is a great way for any donations made to be included as part of your tax return.
To make a donation via this avenue, please visit https://asf.org.au/projects/torquay-cricket-club.
2. We are also gratefully accepting direct donations to the cricket club. Donating via this means will see 100 per cent of your contribution going towards the cost of our new roller.
To donate directly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the amount you wish to donate, and we will issue an invoice with payment details.
All donations to the roller fund be acknowledged in both a physical sense at Spring Creek Reserve, on this website, and via our Facebook and Instagram social channels (combined following approx. 1600).
As the only turf cricket club on the Surf Coast, a functioning roller is critical to our ability to recruit and retain players, to help create playing and training conditions that assist the development of our junior players, and to offer more turf cricket opportunities for our growing women’s program.
We would hugely appreciate any donation – large or small – to help us roll into the 2022-23 cricket season in style.